Suitable for upper-intermediate to advanced students ( ^^)
- Professional English in Use Law contains 45 units covering a wide variety of legal terms and vocabulary and has been has been developed using authentic legal texts and documents. Topics include corporate and commercial law, liability, real property law, employment law, information technology, contract law and intellectual property.
- The book also introduces general legal vocabulary related to legal systems, legal professions and functional language lawyers need in their daily working lives.
Cambridge Professional English in Use – Law (with answers)
Gillian D. Brown, Sally Rice | 24.36 MB | PDF
Cambridge University Press
Primarily designed for self-study reference and practice, it can also be used for classroom work and one-to-one lessons.
- Professional English in Use Law is an ideal companion for learners preparing for the new Cambridge International Legal English Certificate (ILEC), covering key vocabulary and topics from the exam.
This book is a valuable tool for teachers of Legal English and for professionals who need to work in the international legal community.
* Covers a wide variety of legal terms and vocabulary that give learners the confidence and ability to function in English in a legal environment.
* ‘Over to you’ sections allow learners to apply the vocabulary they have learned in the unit to their own law studies and working lives.
* Language is presented and explained on the left hand page, and then practised on the right hand page.
* A full index with pronunciation shown in IPA allows students to look up words they don’t know and see where in the book the word appears